Hello Lovelies!

Hello lovelies!

Welcome to Baked By Umi. If you want the best Red Velvet Cupcakes/Cake, you're on the right blog! I usually received orders from friends and family, just feel like I need to have one blog for my sales. I'm a Malaysian homebaker, a recent M.Eng graduate and will try to entertain your orders if time permits. :). Feel free to contact me at bakedbyumi@gmail.com if you are salivating over these Red Velvets already! :p



Wednesday, June 5, 2013

French Macarons




I remembered trying to make macarons some 1.5 years ago and it didn't turned out well. Since then I haven't really wanted to make macarons ever again and everytime people asked me do I know how to make macarons I will always come up with a lot of excuses of how tedious is it to make, the very high failure rates I've been hearing for a lot of people etc.

Anyways, it was my birthday a month ago, and I invited friends to come over to my house cause I wanted to cook something. I made Nasi Ayam, Tiramisu and some Devil's Food Pecan Praline Cake. There were some egg white leftovers from the Tiramisu so I decided to keep them in the fridge.

Prior to that, I saw a guy friend of mine made macarons and it turned out good from the picture. I thought, hey, if he can make it, why can't I? So I decided to try a few days after my birthday... Turned out it was a success! I guess the weather was perfect that day.

So after a few trials and samples I gave to friends I had people asking for orders.

I've decided to sell them in these options.

Plastic containers
16 pieces = RM32
6 pieces = RM 14




Macaron box
6 pieces = RM12

(Haven't had a photo of the box yet)

As for the fillings, I currently only make chocolate filling and pistachio (made from ground pistachios). Feel free to order! Please order at least 5 days prior to collection date because I needed the time to age the eggs and prepare them. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment